Karen Brajkovich has managed the books and maintained the offices for over 25 companies in a variety of industries, such as construction, vineyards, non-profits, and service industries She has been working in the accounting field for over 30 years.
- Efficiency and accuracy in accounts payable and receivable, bank reconciliation, general ledger, payroll, and job costing.
- Extremely proficient with QuickBooks Online and Desktop, and Microsoft Office, Excel and Publisher.
- Extensive experience with data entry, record keeping and computer operation.
- Experience in payroll, such as Quickbooks Time (formerly TSheets), ADP, time-scheduling apps and payroll taxes.
- Friendly and professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to act with integrity, professionalism, and confidentiality.
Below are just a few responsibilities she has:
- Perform Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, general ledger, payroll and job costing for many different clients in a variety of industries, including landscape, construction, event planning, insurance, vineyard management, and tourist services.
- Process up to 250 invoices/month using Quickbooks Online, which includes job costing to track productivity.
- Respond to vendor payment inquiries and investigate pricing discrepancies.
- Create invoices and email/mail to customers using Quickbooks Online.
- Contact customers to secure payments.
- Create accurate financial reports using Quickbooks Online and Excel.
- Reconciliations of monthly accounts.
- Create 1099s and successfully submit 1096 form for all clients.
- Successfully transferred company from Quickbooks Desktop to Quickbooks Online.
- Design reports using information from Quickbooks Online to compare fuel costs from last year to this year.
- Create budget worksheets which include income and expenses for the last three years.
- Create monthly profit & loss report to evaluate the productivity of divisions within the company.
- Design billing system to collect monthly stall fees for a farmers' market organization to increase efficiency at markets.
- Analyze market managers' collections each week to ensure accounting accuracy.
- Maintain Quickbooks accounting to evaluate each markets' profitability.
- Manage timesheets using Quickbooks Time, including job costing, and perform bi-weekly payroll & taxes via Quickbooks Online.
- Process payroll using ADP payroll system.
- Maintain all insurance, including workers compensation and liability claims.
- Create and maintain a positive rapport with all employees.
- Design employee scheduling and payroll tracking system using When I Work Online Scheduling Tool to track employees' hours and report payroll to payroll company.
- Create promotional posts for Facebook and Instagram to promote company events and successes.
- Design new vineyard maps using Microsoft Publisher to update changes made to vineyards, varietals, and acreage.
- Design postcards for mailing using Microsoft Publisher to advertise events and promotions.
- Design mass emails using Constant Contact to inform customers about community events and foundation's successes.
- Maintain email list on Constant Contact to maximize exposure.
- Edit and maintain customer address list on Excel.
- Create filing systems, and maintain organization in the office.
- Research VOIP phone systems to create a more professional image for the company. Install and maintain system so that market managers could access calls outside the office.
- Design company forms such as the vendor application and employee application. Create the ability to easily merge vendor information from an Excel spreadsheet to the vendor form.
- Coordinate travel arrangements for employees, ensuring low costs as well as employee comfort.